The ‘theme’ being highlighted during this year’s LGBT History Month is LGBT and Religion, Belief and Philosophy. The multi-faith Spiritual Care Team is proud to be part of a Trust that marks LGBT History Month. Taking an inclusion approach and affirming people in who they are, and the life journey they are on, is something we all feel strongly about as a Team. It inspires us in our work of spiritual and religious care and is about putting our Trust values of dignity and respect into practise.
In our resources section below are two useful leaflets. One explores a bit about the history of the relationship between LGBT issues and faith/beliefs in what we feel is a really helpful way. The other is a list of faith-based LGBT organisations that provide support and information for people wanting to explore more about a particular faith and LGBT issues.
You may also want to take a look at the video My super amazing mum explains what homosexuality is to parents! A Sikh man and his story about coming out to his parents.
- The wall chart 'Voices and Visibility’ uncovers the history of the LGBT rights movement in Britain
- The PACE'Religion and LGBT Issues' leaflet explores the history of the relationship between LGBT issues and faith/beliefs
- This video clip from the US shows LGBT people explaining what they need from health services
- A presentation on dignity, BCPFT and LGBT, and how we can all be inclusive of our LGBT patients, loved ones and colleagues
- A list of faith-based LGBT organisations that provide support and information